Fall is in the air...

Even though it's been unseasonably warm around these parts lately, I can still feel fall in the air, can you?


It's time to restock my handmade store with winter items, including this fun, completely-ephemera album:

Just looking at it makes me crave pumpkins and spice!

I'm running away from the change of seasons, though.  I just don't want to let go of summer.

If you want to see the album and all its pages -- or even make it your own! -- here it is.

My favorite crafting spot (the dining room table) is full once more, but now with a different assortment of crafty mess.  I've moved on to making the 12 "three inchy" embellishments for another of my Silver Bella swaps.  I so wish I could show you what I've worked up!  It will have to wait until November, though.

I've also been mounting buttons on "trays" as they're called; this because at last month's meeting, my club challenged me to get started doing so.  This entails fastening them to acid free board with coated wire.



Apparently, this is the safest way to store your buttons.  (Unlike the way I've always done it -- in pretty jars, and compartments in a container.)

It's certainly a good way to admire them!

I've enjoyed doing these few trays, not just because I get to go back and say, "See!  I did it!"

-- but also because it makes me feel ultra organized and I just love that feeling!

Don't you?

I'm almost finished with these black and colored glass button trays.  Then, I'll start on my clear button trays.  The other good thing about doing this?  I get to see how many duplicates I have, and then set those aside to share, use in crafts, or sell!

Speaking of selling: I put together a "shop sign" for Indulge Your Shelf!  Even though it's a virtual, not bricks and mortar, shop, I thought it would be fun to have one.  As you can see, I made it from letters cut from state license plates, and mounted them onto the perfect-sized piece of salvaged wood.  I bought the piece of wonderful, scrappy wood in Kansas last fall!

What have you been working on?

Comments

Linda Sue said…
laurie- you just get up in the morning and DO STUFF! WOW! I really especially love the sign- How cool !!! I have another box to send someday- soon i hope- Not brilliant stuff but You can make it so...I am sure!!
Marion said…
Wow! I'm impressed with your button organization. But, but, I love my buttom jar. LOL! I bought a huge box of buttons over ten years ago from a flea market for $5 and it was the best $5 I ever spent! I've used buttons from that jar for so many projects I can't count. Just yesterday I cut a long, narrow piece of pink t-shirt material, gathered it up, then folded it around to make a pink rose and I put a favorite button in the middle. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings!
Christine said…
Love your sign!!! You need to mount it in your craft "area." Does it make you feel official?

Love the buttons too. Now you can see them soo much easier but you can't really play with them. I know you love taking your buttons out of the jars and touching and feeling them!!!
Pretty Things said…
Your creativity inspires and awes me. And forgive me if I missed this (migraine speaking here) but where does one get button boards?
MsAnomaly said…
Love your fall album! I have a weakness for vintage jet buttons, too, so that particular photo made me stop and stare (oops, and drool)! Great way to store those buttons! :)
Vesuviusmama said…
Is it your birthday? If so, have a happy and creative one! If not, still have a happy and creative day!
Jingle said…
I so love your shop sign! That is fabulous! I love that album, too!!!
Lydia said…
I love the sign! You are so prolific, Laurie!
Lydia said…
...and the button sheets are great. Such time...I recognize some that I have.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jesus Candy Cane Christmas Ornament How-To

O Christmas tree, jeweled Christmas tree...

My Christmas craft booth